Why use an independent IFS consultant?
An IFS ERP implementation or upgrade is no easy process. It’s a challenging project that needs the right preparation – and expertise – to make it a success for you, your team, and your business.
The benefits of outsourcing for your IFS project
Like most businesses, you probably don’t have a permanent in-house IFS expert. So, you’ll need to look outside your organisation to benefit from the skills of a specialist.
As an external specialist, a contractor can devote their full attention to your software implementation or upgrade. They won’t be distracted by business as usual.
A good consultant will understand the potential pitfalls and how to prevent them, so you’ll be protected from costly, time consuming and avoidable mistakes.
An IFS professional will bring a fresh pair of eyes to your business. As an outsider, they’ll give unbiased advice on what you need and the best way to deliver your project.
Our consultants are independent from IFS, so will share with you their honest, expert opinion on how best to implement or upgrade your ERP system.
With an experienced professional involved, there’s less likelihood of delays or issues that could stall or even derail your ERP project.
Your internal team is crucial to the success or failure of any system change. Your IFS ERP consultant will help your staff understand the new processes.
The IFS specialist will work with you to create a delivery plan that is realistic and achievable, with clear, tangible goals to benefit your whole business.
- We’ve built a global reputation for our professional IFS resourcing and project delivery
- Tap into our international network of best-in-class IFS contractors
- Our consultants work across IFS versions from Apps 7.5 to IFS Cloud
- Choose between onsite or remote consulting on a full-time, part-time, temporary or periodic basis
- Increase or reduce your outsourcing, depending on the changing needs of your project and business
- Benefit from the honest, impartial advice of our independent IFS consultants
- Mix and match the IFS expertise you bring in, to ensure all your needs are covered
We started using Gtech Consultancy midway through our prototype development in an IFS Apps 10 implementation. We moved to this approach as it better suited the availability of our in-house project team.
We chose to partner with Gtech Consultancy as we found that the quality of the consultants was very high, and it removed the stress of recruiting and contracting individually with multiple consultants. They took the time to understand our internal/project culture and ensured that any consultants put forward would be a good fit with the team.
If I undertook another IFS project I would not hesitate in partnering with Gtech Consultancy again.
The support that Holly and her team have provided, resourcing our global IFS deployment programme, has made a significant contribution to our delivery, with many of the resources provided being in the top tier performers in our team.
This, coupled with the speed and quality of response when a need arises, would make Gtech Consultancy a go-to for me moving forward for IFS contractor expertise.
Rob McCracken, Curium
Bring IFS expertise into your team
We’ll help you choose the right IFS specialists to support you and your business with your ERP project.
You can mix and match from the examples of consultant roles below, depending on your project and the type of support you need.
Many of our contractors are skilled in more than one area.
If you don’t see the IFS consultancy expertise you need listed or want advice on building your project team, please chat with us about your plans.
IFS Project Manager
Leads, manages and steers your ERP system implementation or upgrade.
- An IFS project manager is skilled at navigating different stakeholder requirements to deliver a system that benefits your business
- Decides on suitable strategies and objectives
- Builds a strong project team that includes internal staff and external expertise
- Co-ordinates cross-project activities
- Monitors and manages risks and issues
- Manages deadlines and budgets
- Works with the project and vendor teams to steer your IFS implementation or upgrade to successful completion
- Prepares progress reports
- Monitors and manages external consultants
IFS Solution Architect
Proposes a combination of software and business process changes to benefit your organisation.
- Works closely with the business analyst
- Evaluates your business needs and determines how software can support those needs
- Proposes a combination of software and business process changes
- Considers business and technical constraints identified by members of the project team
- A solution architect has a strong track record of delivering system upgrades and implementations
IFS Finance Consultant
Expertise on the IFS finance module and its integration with other modules.
- Ensures you get the best possible value from your ERP solution
- Reviews your existing finance processes and proposes improvements
- Provides expertise on the IFS finance module and its integration with other modules
- Helps you to increase your company’s profits and grow your business
- Works to specific project plans and deadlines
- Balances BAU support and ERP project work
- Delivers end-user training
IFS Reporting Consultant
Expertise in reporting methods such as SQL Quick Reports, Crystal Reports and IFS Lobby.
- Helps you get the best out of your IFS ERP investment
- Makes sure you have the right reporting solutions for your business
- Advises on reporting methods such as SQL Quick Reports, Crystal Reports and IFS Lobby
- Creates and develops a reporting approach, and carries out testing
IFS Data Migration Consultant
Analyses data migration requirements and performs data migrations.
- Plans, implements and manages the movement of data between IT systems, software or applications
- Advises the project team on the data migration plan
- Prepares data migration templates
- Identifies potential issues and solutions
- Suggests change management actions to strengthen the migration process
- Understands the different IFS versions from Apps 7.5 to IFS Cloud
IFS Business Analyst
Gains an understanding of your company’s procedures and identifies improvements.
- Bridges the gap between your business and IT
- Reviews, analyses and evaluates your current applications
- Outlines issues, opportunities and makes recommendations for improvements
- Finds out what your business needs to achieve its goals
- Ensures the IFS ERP project complies with your policies
- A business analyst is skilled at analytical and critical thinking, and problem solving
IFS Functional Consultant
Provides expertise on adoption of specific IFS modules.
- Explains and shows you how IFS works
- Ensures your system delivery is smooth
- Advises you on adoption of specific IFS modules
- Supports the implementation, upgrade, configuration and maintenance of the ERP solution
- Presents and communicates complex issues in a concise, clear and meaningful way
IFS Manufacturing/Supply Chain Consultant
Experience at working with the IFS manufacturing and supply chain modules.
- Uses their knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain environments for the benefit of your business
- Has extensive knowledge of manufacturing and supply chains
- Understands industry best practice
- Focused on optimising business processes
Designs, engineers and deploys business-related applications within your IFS system.
- Designs, develops and improves your IFS ERP system
- Supports various functional areas, such as finance and manufacturing
- Implements customisations and integrations
- Develops, updates and maintains reports
- Works with the project team to carry out testing
- Has a proven track record in IFS development
- Possesses good all-round IFS system knowledge
IFS Technical Consultant
Skilled in the installation, configuration and customisation of your IFS solution.
- Analyses, develops and implements customised software
- Uses their industry and implementation experience to advise and guide you and the project team
- Works with the project team to deliver real business benefits for your company
- Has a track record of delivering technical solutions for IFS applications
- Has extensive knowledge of IFS versions from Apps 7.5 to IFS Cloud
- Understands related tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Crystal Reports and Oracle Database
Speak with us
Oscar, Business Development Manager at Gtech Consultancy, has years of experience helping clients like you find the perfect consultant.
Book a call with Oscar today to gain access to the best group of IFS consultants to start work on your IFS project.